Adidas is a german brand specialized in sports clothing & footwear.
According to a report by aljazeera made in 2015, Chinese garment factories used by Adidas are continuing to use the harmful sandblasting method on jeans.
Adidas has an internal code of conduct but it does not apply to multiple levels of the supply chains, nor does it include the following:
- guarantee of a living wage
- right to collective bargaining
- policies to protect migrant workers
- a policy that addresses sub contracting in supply chain
- a functioning grievance mechanism
- programs in place to ensure workers get paid correctly
On social goals, the brand says they'd like to keep under 10% the number of risky factories.
On environmental goals, the brand communicates that they plan to reduce emission before 2018. From 2008-2010 Adias reduced gas usage by 40%. The brand didn't report any progress since 2010.